Notifications
Clear all

Introductions

9 Posts
8 Users
11 Likes
(@automatikai)
Topic starter

Hi all! Just saying hi to all of you Beckhoff folks! My actual name is Frank.... I am doing some Beckhoff research for a company in Tennessee and writing it up on both the hardware platform and my software development journey. I'm not very experienced yet, being mostly an AB and Siemens guy, so I'm sure Ill have lots of questions. Thanks for having me!

Posted : 07/09/2022 10:43 am
Topic Tags
TwinControls
(@beckhoffsupport)
Member Admin

@automatikai Hi Frank! Welcome to the community! It's great to have you here!

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd be very grateful if you could share this community with your colleagues and friends. You can also buy us a coffee to keep us fueled 😊 This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support your community.
twinControls - https://twincontrols.com/

Posted : 07/09/2022 4:48 pm
(@treyem)
Member Moderator

@automatikai Hey Frank! Nice to meet you and thanks for joining the forum. I'm Trey and I've been working with Codesys based platforms for 6 years with some Siemens, A/B, and general robotics experience. The goal is for us all to learn together so if you need anything, please reach out to us!

Posted : 09/09/2022 8:06 am
raoliveira
(@raoliveira)
Eminent Member

Hi there.

When i saw that this community exists, i rush to sign up :-).

I'm integrated in a project that needs a Source Control Management environment for Beckhoff (and some other brand...). For sure that i'll gonna need your help to achieve this challenge. I'm a (backend) Software Engineer that just get started working with PLCs so, i'm quite new to this "world".

By the way, my name is Rúben and i'm Portuguese living in Denmark so, I will be here for a big while :-)...

Hope to learn a lot with you guys.

Posted : 22/09/2022 5:40 pm
TwinControls
(@beckhoffsupport)
Member Admin

@raoliveira Hi Rúben 🖐️ Welcome to the PLC and TwinCAT world ! 🙂 That sounds like a very exciting project, we definitely would love to learn more about it.

Thanks for joining! 

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd be very grateful if you could share this community with your colleagues and friends. You can also buy us a coffee to keep us fueled 😊 This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support your community.
twinControls - https://twincontrols.com/

Posted : 23/09/2022 7:10 am
(@oharley)

Hello! I am Oliver, an Australian living in Switzerland. I'm a cofounder of a startup doing robotic 3d printing and we use a Beckhoff PLC to run basically everything but the robot. I come more from a c++ / more general software background - PLC programming and TwinCAT is quite a shift. I have lots of questions on rather peculiar things, so I am hoping these forums might help me - and I can pass on the little I have learnt so far.

Posted : 17/11/2022 12:00 pm
twinControls reacted
rruiter
(@rruiter)
Estimable Member

I'm Roald. Originally from the Netherlands and since 5 years in Switzerland. When I first started Beckhoff programming PLC's, I was quite shocked how little information there is online. When learning any other programming language there is a ton of info to be found. In order to change this I started a blog, a public twincat changelog and some twincat related open source projects and answer questions on Stackoverflow. I also see other people posting more and more stuff online. This forum is another step in the right direction! I hope more and more start sharing their problems, solutions and questions. There is too much info behind closed doors or inside minds.

My blog: https://cookncode.com/twincat
My code: https://github.com/roald87

Posted : 17/11/2022 1:06 pm
twinControls reacted
 Alex
(@alex)
Eminent Member

Seems there's a lot of folks around Switzerland. I'm working in Geneva.
So I'm Alex, used to code with Omron Sysmac, moving to Beckhoff recently.

Posted : 18/11/2022 10:56 am
twinControls reacted
(@elijahbrian1)

Hello!

My name is Elijah, I am from Ohio. I currently work as a debugger in the electric motor production sector. I mostly have worked with process programming and am trying to learn more about initial commissioning.  Happy to join the group to learn from other people’s issues! 

This post was modified 1 year ago by elijahbrian1

Posted : 12/12/2022 11:53 am
twinControls reacted
Share: