2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
ehixenbaugh
(@ehixenbaugh)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

To all engineers out there,

How do you feel about the current state of adoption of Beckhoff products and TwinCAT usage in the USA? It seems as though Tesla and SpaceX are the primary Big Name drivers in the USA, but outside of that it still seems to be a rarer thing than seeing Siemens or Rockwell products in the industrial environment. I have seen some stuff where Schlumberger uses it in the processing industry.

To their credit, Beckhoff Automation is doing a lot of application promotion in trade shows and marketing on LinkedIn, so maybe more known companies and their people will give it a shot. 

-Evan H

Posted : 25/10/2022 9:47 am
IOTea
(@iotea)
Eminent Member

@ehixenbaugh Allen Bradley is still the number one PLC being used ubiquitously in the USA. There are many companies using Siemens as well. I've seen also some small companies integrating Beckhoff into some of their projects recently. However, many people are still not open to change and start using a different PLC rather than Rockwell. It might be either because they don't want to spend time on training their technicians/engineers on a new technology or they are happy with their current products and don't want to take risks by trying newer products. In my opinion in the near future, we will see the need for more object oriented PLC applications and therefore most companies will have to embrace newer technologies. I am also curious about what others are thinking on this matter.

Posted : 26/10/2022 9:52 am
Share: