Join us today!

AX5805 (Safety Opti...

Notifications
Clear all

AX5805 (Safety Option Card) and AX5722 (Encoder Option Card)

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@adam-haney)
Eminent Member

Aho Young Warriors!

I apologize for my ignorance. I am working on a big NC project in which all of the Drives have an AX5805 Safety Option Card installed. Many of these Drives also have an AX5722 Encoder Option Card. 

Unfortunately, the manual for the AX5805 has screenshots showing configuration in the I/O Project with TwinCAT2, of which I am not very familiar. Also, I should mention I am using TwinCAT Drive Manager 2 for the Drive/NC configuration. I believe I am adding the AX5805 option cards correctly for each drive in the I/O; most are 2 channel drives, so I "add" two instances of an AX5805 card, selecting the proper Axis (1 or 2) for each instance of the card. Also, the interface is different between TwinCAT2 and TwinCAT3 and I don't see a "Safety" tab for the card to assign the FSoE address. I assume in TwinCAT3 you assign the FSoE address after importing the card as an Alias Device in the TwinSAFE Project?

However, when I try to add the AX5722 card to the I/O Project for the Drive, the pop-up window to search part numbers does not show an AX5722. 

So, dumb question, but do you have to add the AX5722 Encoder Option card to the I/O Project, or is that done elsewhere? The manual for the AX5722 is complete dog doo doo and only tells you have to physically install the card.

Thank you for your time. 

3 Replies
rruiter
(@rruiter)
Estimable Member

Shouldn't you use the first Twincat drive manger. For this one there is also a twincat 2 version. For Drive manger 2 I only see one for twincat 3.

I have no clue about your other questions.

2 Replies
(@adam-haney)

Eminent Member

@rruiter 

Thank you for your feedback. The main reason I would like to use Drive Manager 2 is that it makes the settings of the NC/Drive easier for me to understand. Also, I have one AX8000 drive in my system, which necessitates Drive Manager 2. 

I am working in Drive Manager 2 today and configuring my motors, et al, so I will report back any findings.

rruiter
(@rruiter)

Estimable Member
Share: