[Solved] Publish to TwinCAT HMI Server Failure - Destination not reachable

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
TwinControls
Admin
Topic starter
(@beckhoffsupport)

When you are trying to publish your HMI program to the server, if you are getting the error message below after trying to validate the connection

desinationnotreachable

Follow the steps below: 

1. Make sure you can connect to IPC, check the wires and network cables. Open the command line and ping the IPC. 

2. If the ping is successful, restart the HMI Server on the IPC

restart

3. If pinging the IPC is not successful, make sure that Windows Firewall is turned off on the IPC. Try again the steps above after turning it off. 

4. If you can't still communicate, try reinstalling the TF2000 | TwinCAT 3 HMI Server on the IPC and select the option to delete all of the old configurations.

3 Replies
(@adexp)

Hi,

I'm currently working on to publish HMI Program to server and I had difficulties in verifying connection. 

I'm trying to publish HMI program to IPC from my laptop. Managed to publish locally but when I tried to publish to IPC , I failed in doing so.

I have been following this guide from A to Z.

Link: https://www.dmcinfo.com/latest-thinking/blog/id/10162/getting-started-with-a-beckhoff-plc-part-one--setup

WhatsApp Image 2022 12 01 at 14.12.21

Appreciate if you could point our or perhaps advice what is the right method.

2 Replies
runtimevictor
(@runtimevictor)

Estimable Member

@adexp ,

Hello,

For TwinCAT HMI, you may also need to open TCP communications for the incoming port you will be using to publish the HMI project (which we will do in the last blog in this series). The default port for this are 1010 and 1020, but the installation of TF2000 may take care of this for you.

And instead of putting the IP to transfer to the remote computer, put the name of the remote computer to transfer, it works better for me... 😊 

(@adexp)

@runtimevictor 

Hello,

Many thanks on the suggestion, I did try to use the remote computer name but still failed. Somehow I managed to transfer using IP right after reinstallation of TF2000.

Share: